Roll On: Why I Want My Own Domain.

Feb 26, 2017

26/02/2017

I'm crushing over Edgar Allan Poe awesome works and today is the last day for my "A Post A Day - 7 Days Topics To Go". Yay! I'am going to do a post to wrap things up tomorrow- ie: what I've posted and what I've cooked. Or maybe the day after. We shall see.

The bitchface game is strong with this one
Source

So, there isn't really any cons, on buying yourself a domain, especially for a small time blogger like me - except for the part on paying it.

When you got yourself a domain, apart from the disappearance of .blogspot on your link, well, that's pretty much it. Some bloggers would changed to WordPress and that's a bit of an issue - like to republish old posts and losing all comments. Since I would still be using Blogger to host my blog (I loved this blog too much and I really don't want to learn to use other web host thingy), there is nothing else more to it. I'm not sure if I would still be getting the email thing. You know, when instead using Yahoo mail or Gmail, you can have an email based on your website domain. Like most official companies does.

Apart from the obvious coolness of that email stuff, there are few reasons, getting a domain is a good thing.


1. Cool 

I should stop use cool as a reason. I am 24 not 14. Lit? Ok. But yeah, it is a good enough reason.


2. Branding effort

Having your own domain is a good branding effort. I'd trust the blog's owner to really be serious on their blogging effort if they have their own domain. Not to mention, no one will have that domain. It is exclusively yours. Sound professional huh?


3. Trustworthy and reliable

Particularly for those who want to generate income or generally having a business affiliated with the website. People keen to trust you more since only legit people can have their own domain name. Even your opinions and reviews would seems from a good mental health kind of person and thus can be taken seriously


4. Sense of responsibility

It will urge you to improve yourself to become better in blogging particularly because you actually spend money. Although a mere RM40 something per year, but folks, money there, money!


That's it hah! It's not much but it really make me want to get one. As you can see. it really isn't much different on getting one or not. I think if you get the whole web host package, it is said to be less spammed since Blogger apparently have a reputataion of being full of spammers. I have only been spam once. Maybe because I am not that famous.

12 comments

  1. I do thinking of getting my own domain for affliate stuff but come to think of it, since I hardly had time for my blog, i should wait for the right moment.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying own domain equals commitment so I agree with you. You should wait if you think you have to.

      Delete
  2. I'm planning to get my own domain too mainly because of the childishness of my current URL, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't childish. Even Hanis Zalikha's url spelled "belog". I personally like it because it has that personal touch in it.

      Delete
  3. im also have a plan to own a domain because my URL quite 'uncool' hahahhaha but i dont have any idea to name the new domain XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some people isn't going to use their own name. I really can't do that since I am fairly sure whatever words I'm choosing, I'll be regretting it later. So, my own name would be the safest bet.

      Delete
  4. Having to spend my money on the domain is like one of the huge cons that keeps holding me back. Oh, and I'm broke too. Hahaha Plus, I'm not famous. So I think it's gonna be a waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not famous as well but still want to have one. eheh.

      Delete
  5. Yes, having your own domain shows professionalism. People would taken your thoughts and ideas seriously because they believe that it's from an OFFICIAL WEBSITE and not from a blog (this happened to my lecturer haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, agree with your lecturer as well. There is still some charming-ness at using Blogspot but if I want to be taken seriously, I should have my own domain.

      Delete
  6. i wanna get my own domain too but being in a boarding school makes me so inactive so i'm afraid it'd be a waste if i buy one but couldnt put full commitment in my blog ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is better to at least wait until your school is finished. You can still try to be consistent when at foundation or degree. It is rather impossible for now really.

      Delete